Griffin Miers Attorneys Work to Resolve the Charges Against You in the Best Possible Manner. We’re Ready to Fight and Take Your Case to Trial.
Car Accident Attorneys in DFW
Why Should You Hire a Fort Worth Car Accident Attorney?
Some people aren’t comfortable hiring a car accident attorney. They often think that it further complicates the problem or is unaffordable. Some think they can get a settlement faster by cooperating with the other insurance company and handling the problem themselves, which is a good way to get the short end of the stick. Down the road, this thinking will be to your detriment by taking a smaller than necessary settlement or waiving rights to your very detriment. Insurance companies will tell you that they want to help you and have your best interest at heart, but their job is to settle for the lowest amount possible, IF AT ALL. The more severe the accident is, the more likely you’re going to get bamboozled by the insurance company. Never believe that an insurance company is going to make you whole. You have minimal chance of getting the settlement you deserve without an accident attorney protecting your rights. You have the right to go it alone, but it isn’t always advisable. It’s better to hire an attorney from the start rather than trying to do it yourself and then have an attorney undo things that have already been done. Contact the attorneys at Griffin Miers, LLP for a free car accident consultation.
Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth/Dallas:
- Multiple parties were involved in the car wreck
- One or more people were killed by the accident
- One of more people were injured by the accident
- The police report doesn’t match with the actual incident
- One or more parties involved did not have car insurance or health insurance
- There was a hit and run situation
- The other parties did not share their contact information with you
- You cannot afford the medical bills
- You cannot afford to repair or replace the vehicle
How Can a Fort Worth Car Accident Lawyer Help You?:
- The attorneys at Griffin Miers, LLP will listen to all of your concerns,
- Griffin Miers attorneys will determine the liable parties for your pain and suffering,
- The lawyers at Griffin Miers, LLP will work on your legal claim and file it on your behalf,
- Our attorneys will gather all necessary evidence to prove your injuries and/or damages,
- The car accident lawyers will present this to your insurance company for negotiation.
When we take over, you can concentrate on your recovery.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Fort Worth/Dallas
There are a lot of people that live and travel through Texas every day. This means that vehicle accidents are going to happen. However, there are many causes of these unfortunate events. Let’s take a look at some of the common causes of car accidents in the great state of Texas.
- Distracted Drivers
- Distracted drivers area a dime a dozen in the Metroplex. They can be distracted by the children in the backseat that are arguing. They can be distracted by adjusting the temperature dial in the dash. They can be distracted by a conversation with a passenger. Regardless of the distraction, it only takes one second to look away from the road and then find yourself in an unfortunate event.
- Despite the laws surrounding texting behind the wheel in Fort Worth (and Texas), texting has become a major problem for DFW drivers. People think that they can safely text and drive at the same time. What they don’t realize is that texting pulls their attention away from the road for a long time. In many cases, drivers are looking at the phone for a solid 20 seconds instead of the busy roadway in front of them.
- Speeding is another major contribution to DFW car accidents. There are speed limit signs for a reason – your own protection. When you’re speeding, you’re increasing the risk of losing control of your vehicle as well as reducing your response time to sudden objects in your way.
- Sadly, there are far too many people that consume alcohol and then get behind the wheel. This has been a major cause of many devastating Fort Worth car accidents. Never, ever get behind the wheel if you have consumed any amount of alcohol. Period.
- Drug Influence
- With similar effects to drinking and driving, street drugs AND prescription drugs have caused many devastating Fort Worth/Dallas car wrecks as well. Anything you consume that compromises your physical and mental ability to independently operate a vehicle will cause immeasurable damage to your life and the life of others.
- Wildlife is a very common cause of car accidents in Fort Worth/Dallas. Accidents occur when wildlife suddenly jump in front of your vehicle. A driver’s natural instinct is to swerve from hitting the animal. And sadly, if the animal is large like a deer, the animal can force the car off the road before the driver has time to swerve. Wildlife causes many types of unfortunate accidents.
- Inclement Weather
- Severe weather such as thunderstorms, hail, snow, ice, and wind cause many car accidents. Inclement weather can lower the driver’s visibility or their ability to keep the vehicle on the road.
- Tire Blowouts
- Bad tires are another common incident that leads to car accidents. If the tires have aged or are of low quality, a blowout can occur causing a sudden hazard to control the vehicle.
- Improper Vehicle Maintenance
- If you’re unable to maintain the health of your car, this can compromise a driver’s ability to maintain control of the vehicle and cause an accident.
- Road Work
- It happens far too often here in Fort Worth/Dallas: a driver leaves work and is in a rush to get home. Road work causes delays. Delays cause impatience. Impatient drivers lead to accidents.
- Dangerous Intersections
- Many serious car accidents happen at popular intersections. So many times, drivers will pull out in front of an unseen driver or they encounter confusion over who had the right of way.
- Improper Signs or Lights
- Sometimes, accidents are caused by improper signs or lights. Perhaps there’s a yield sign when it should be a stop sign. Regardless of the reason, these types of occurrences cause confusion and car accidents.
- Potholes and Pavement Cracks
- Many times, a huge pothole can be hit at just the right speed to cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle. These can appear expectantly or unexpectedly.
Types of Car Accidents in Fort Worth/Dallas
Some of the most common accidents in DFW are:
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- These only involve your car. These accidents may be minor or very serious.
- Head-on Crash Accidents
- Usually the most devastating of car accidents. You often see these type of car accidents on interstate highways.
- Rear-end Accidents
- With these, you may be sitting at a stop light and minding your own business when a car from behind you crashes into your backside.
- Rollover Accidents
- These types of accidents are often seen with SUV vehicles and other high ride vehicles. They usually occur when there’s too much speed and a loss of friction from the wheels to the pavement. Making a turn with a high speed often causes rollover accidents.
- Fatal Crash Accidents
- These are the most heartbreaking cases that we deal with. These involve a driver or passenger that didn’t survive the accident.
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Accidents of this type involve one driver hitting another and then escaping the scene before you can communicate with them. In these cases, it’s often hard to capture a description of the vehicle or even a tag number. However, it’s very helpful in your case to have any details that you possibly can.
- Uber Crash Accidents
- Ride share accidents involve a stranger transporting you to another location in their personal vehicle. Due to this particular circumstance, it’s definitely important to not handle these type of cases on your own.
- Taxi Cab Crash Accidents
- These are similar to Uber accidents. You’ll want protection from the car accident attorney as the taxi cab company may do anything it can to refuse liability.
- Bus Accidents
- Public transportation is not always the safest form of transportation. If you were involved in a bus accident, be sure to have as many details as you can of the scenario. Even obtain information of the driver and other fellow passengers.
- Motorcycle Crashes
- These are often one of the most devastating forms of vehicular accidents. A motorcycle driver has little protection when he or she crashes into an oncoming car, truck or even a tree or power pole.
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bicycle accidents always require the help of an attorney. Far too often, these particular cases are devastating, if not fatal. Whether the bicyclist stayed in his lane or not, there’s no physical protection once hit by another vehicle.
- ATV Accidents
- These are widely considered fun vehicles, but they’re rarely taken as seriously as they should be. A vehicle is a vehicle whether it’s an on-road or off-road vehicle. ATV accidents can also be devastating depending on the scenario.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Fort Worth/Dallas
With any accident can come a variety of injuries and medical problems. Some are more common than others depending on the type of vehicle accident that occurred.
- Whiplash. This involves irritation to the neck muscles that’s caused by the sudden stop of the accident,
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises,
- Soft tissues injuries such as torn tendons, ligaments or muscles,
- Broken bones,
- Fractured bones,
- Spinal injuries of the neck and back,
- Brain or head injuries such as concussions, internal bleeding, skull fractures and more,
- Burn injuries from mild cases to severe cases.
If you had any of these injuries in a Fort Worth/Dallas car accident, there’s no doubt that huge medical bills come along with it. Give us a call TODAY for your free consultation! There’s no reason to suffer needlessly. Let us help you!
What Upfront Costs are Involved?
People believe that they’re unable to afford help from a Dallas car accident lawyer, so they forgo representation and take little money from insurance companies. There are no up-front costs to hire one of our car accident attorneys. Our fees are contingency based. If we reach a settlement, we receive a portion. If there is no settlement, we get nothing. The risk is on us.
What are Attorney Contingency Fees?
An attorney contingency fee is simply a fee that’s charged for services ONLY if the lawsuit was a success and worked out in your favor. In addition to this, the attorney fees are usually pulled from the client’s settlement so nothing comes out of your own pocket. What percentage of your settlement does your attorney receive as payment? Most lawyers charge 33% percent of the initial settlement if the case is resolved without the need of a lawsuit. However, if a lawsuit is necessary in order to settle the case, then the attorney fee can jump to 40% of the settlement. Keep in mind, however, that most cases are settled outside of court. We will never file a lawsuit if we do not have the client’s permission to do so.
To give you an idea of what this would look like, if we negotiate a $60,000 settlement on your behalf, then you will receive $40,000 of that. From the $40,000 that you would receive, your medical care and any other debts will be paid and you can keep the remaining amount. Then you can use the remaining amount to cover any lost wages and recover from the accident. The $20,000 is paid in attorney fees. And obviously, if the settlement isn’t reached, then there would be no cost to you.
The settlement is almost always paid by the insurance company. They almost always pay our clients in one large sum as they usually don’t like to divide the amount into smaller payments.
How Do Car Accident Settlements Work?
There are several factors that play into the settlement payment. This is why it’s really important to document everything and hold on to the proof of everything revolving around the car accident. Listed below are many of the factors that will determine the payment amount of your settlement:
- The cost of medical care due to injury
- The cost of future medical care due to the car accident
- Disabilities or impairments from the car accident
- Job loss or missed work due to the car accident
- Any suffering that you experienced due to the car accident
Contact the attorneys at Griffin Miers, LLP for a free car accident consultation