Griffin Miers Attorneys Will Fight for Your Rights to Be a Parent to Your Children


A child support lawyer assists with a modification of a custody or support agreement. These agreements come from a divorce or Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR). When there is a substantial or material change, it is time to go back before the judge. If the parent that pays support gets a raise, the other parent probably wants the child support increased . That is where the modification comes in. If you’re experiencing this or other changes, contact Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers at the Griffin Miers, L.L.P..
As kids grow older, you may need a change in the custody/visitation schedule. The non-custodial parent could be far away and prevent the child from extracurricular activities. As the child gets older, they may have more of a say in what is happening. Some judges will take the child’s input into consideration. Others will talk to the child and maybe not consider their wishes at all. Again, here is where we go to court for a child support or custody modification. Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers can help you with a SAPCR modification.
Child support normally goes to the parent where the child lives most of the time. This is the “custodial parent.” If you have split custody, the belief is that there is generally no support. That is a big myth. Just because you split the time doesn’t mean the judge won’t put in an equalize support. Judge’s want the child to have the same level of care in both houses. The parent who does not have primary custody (noncustodial parent) usually pays child support. Child support is a monthly payment to the other parent. Support is for costs associated with caring for the child.
As child support can go on for several years, it is not unusual for circumstances to change. Changes may make the initial order of child support too low or too high. In this situation, a change is guidelines is necessary. In most circumstances this requires going back to court. 

Mitch Miers and Andrew Griffin are your child support modification attorneys.  Modifications of support are very fact dependent. A consultation with a family law attorney is of the utmost importance to determine whether the correct amount of child support. , We can find if you should be paying child support at all. Contact Fort Worth Family Law Attorneys Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers about a consultation. Consult on child support, child custody, modification, or visitation.
One of the most heated issues that will develop in a divorce is determining custody of the children. Custody, along with parental rights and duties, make up the bulk of rights. When parents cannot reach an agreement, a court will need to make the determination. It’s important to work with a lawyer who knows about Texas child custody laws and the courts.
Fort Worth enforcement lawyers Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers represent parents on a variety of legal issues. Tarrant county child custody attorneys at Griffin Miers work to protect your rights. Mitch Miers and Andrew Griffin are sensitive to the concerns of you and your children. To discuss your child custody case, call Fort Worth Family Lawyers Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers today at (817) 585-8888.. Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers, as a child support lawyer, can provide you with a consultation.
Texas law, presumes that joint managing conservatorship is in the best interest of the children. Being joint managing conservators doesn’t mean the parents will have equal physical custody of the children. Instead, parents will share in making important decisions on certain matters. These matters include the child’s health and education.  At first, some people try to find a cheap child support attorney and that does not always work out for the best.  We see orders that no experienced child custody attorney would allow.  Once a bad order is in place, it can be hard to undo.  The child custody attorneys at Griffin Miers prevent poor child support orders.
Parents will also need a parenting plan.  A parenting plan is also known as a visitation schedule.  The first step in developing a parenting plan will be for the parties to try to reach a mutual agreement. That agreement may be through mediation. Mediation is conducted by a neutral party or parenting coordinator. In most cases, the judge appoints the parenting coordinator.
If the parents cannot agree, the matter will go before a District Court judge.  The judge will evaluate the evidence and issue an order that is in the “best interest” of the children. “Best interest of the children” is the standard for these cases. A court can consider psychological evaluations, social worker studies, and witness testimony. A judge can hear the child’s preference if the child is age 12 or older. A common myth is that children get to decide where they want to live at the age of 12.
Many issues can weigh in a judge’s decision for a modification.  Proof of misconduct by one parent can sway the court’s decision. Conduct such as adultery, substance abuse, or violence will be considered. A child support lawyer can advise you on the different parenting plan options.
When parents live within 100 miles, the court will likely enter a standard possession order. A possession order gives physical custody of the children to one parent and visitation to the other parent. When the distance is great, there are some options. You may have one or two weekends per month. Summers and holidays will change. Talk to a child support lawyer for more information. Griffin Miers is here to solve your problems.
Custody orders can be modified. Modification requires a “substantial change in circumstances. ” Change occurs if the current order is no longer practicable. If one parent has had move to another county or state, that may necessitate a new order.  If circumstances have changed, call Fort Worth Family Law Attorneys Andrew Griffin & Mitch Miers. We can obtain an order that is in the best interest of the child.